Have you ever wondered what to write on a handmade card which you made yourself for a loved one? Have you ever not been sure of what to pen down on a birthday card or a get well soon card or a New Year card? Because same! It is always a huge situation of uncertainty when you want to write something heartfelt for someone and cannot put your finger on a line that would touch their hearts if you write it on these cards.
On the occasion of New Year it is always very common to give cards to each other. Some of us make cards by ourselves and some of us buy these cards and then write a sweet message over it, which the other person we are giving this card to, would like. I will be listing some of my favorite quotes for New Year down below which you can use in your cards!
- Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘It will be happier.’- Alfred Lord Tennyson
This is a quote by an English poet Alfred Lord Tennyson. You can use this quote when you are writing for a loved one who went through a hard time in the previous year (that basically includes all of us!) to give them some hope that the new year will be a happier one.
- I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something. -Neil Gaiman
Making mistakes is okay once you know you have made a mistake and try not to repeat it. Years that pass by are all about making mistakes and learning from them. Share this quote with someone who needs to know that making mistakes is okay!
- If you asked me for my New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am. -Cyril Cusack
Someone who is still struggling with what goals they have in their life or what dreams they want to follow should come across something like this quote on this New Year because it is totally fine to keep finding out who you are and what things actually work for you in life as years pass by!
- Celebrate what you want to see more of. –Tom Peters
Put this one a card you are sharing with a person who is feeling down because of a certain happening and is disappointed by life. Tell them to appreciate the small blessings in life. Tell them to celebrate these blessings, be it people or things in your life. Because happiness always multiplies when it is celebrated!
- New year is the glittering light to brighten the dream-lined pathway of future.- Munia khan
Having some dreams for your future makes your life so much worth-living. If you have a loved one who have lots of dreams and are worried if they would be able to achieve them or not, give them a handmade card with this beautiful quote so they keep on working hard for their goals.
- No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.-Buddha
Some of us have had a series of bad years and so we fear to even get our hopes high for a good one. But just like this quote by Buddha we need to give each other hope and optimism and tell each other that with every difficulty there is ease!
- Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.- Nido Qubein
If you have a friend or a family member who is at their lowest at the moment, go meet them in person. Meet them and give them a card and take them out on dinner so that you can spend some time with them. Telling them that their present do not define them. It can just be that one day they start working even harder and write their own story!
- You can get excited about the future, the past won’t mind.- Hillary DePiano
Being excited about something good in one’s life is the best thing ever. Be excited about what makes you happy. However, most importantly do not forget to congratulate others about something good which happened in their life!
- Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.-Robin Sharma
This is my personal favorite because it is so true that is touches my heart! DO NOT spend all your life in a single manner, making the same mistakes and call it life! Always learn from your mistakes and make the change happen!
- Sometimes a year has been so disastrous and so terrible that entering a new year will automatically mean entering a wonderful year!- Mehmet Murat Ildan
This one pretty much sums it up about the last year 2020 we all had. All the disasters humanity had to face from floods to earthquakes, from plane crashes to riots and from explosions to of course Covid-19 pandemic. Put this one on the side of your mirror and smile every time you read it! Yes we suffered a lot but we will get through this because every dark cloud has a silver lining!
On this New Year let us spread love as much as we can by picking everyone up who is feeling down for some reason. Let us spread hope and smiles while we enter this New Year! Happy New Year everyone! 🙂